Test Memory and Concentration

Memory Lane

Take a stroll down Memory Lane, a series of 10 random, highly forgettable events.

As you stroll, try to remember the decisions that lead you safely to the end of your journey.

Current Decisions Length Longest from Memory
Lapses: 0
The high road;The low road; The land rises. You can take the high road or the low road here.; This is working out well.; The road comes to a sudden end. Unable to stop in time, you plummet to an untimely end.; choices:The fast lane;The right lane; A wide highway parallels your course. A shiny red Lamborghini convertible is parked on the shoulder. Impulsively, you hop in, lay rubber, and swerve into:; This is truly a dream car, but its gas mileage leaves a lot to be desired. All too soon the ride is over and you're back on the road - on foot.; The back end begins to drift a little and as you skillfully correct, things rapidly spin out of control. Very rapidly. Too rapidly.; choices:Left;Right; The path you are on splits into two. One branch goes left and the other right. Decision time. Which branch do you take?; Nothing dreadful happens. You seem to have made the correct choice.; The path narrows and then disappears. As you turn to retrace your steps, you clumsily fall and fatally strike your head on the only rock for miles around.; choices:Rock;Hard place; You are hemmed in by a very large rock to one side and what appears to be a rather hard place opposite. You're going to have to cross one or the other.; Nimbly you skip across and leave that odd peril behind.; You lose your footing and the resulting impact does quite a bit of damage to your body. No more traveling for you.; choices:North;South; You stumble across a set of old overgrown railway tracks and decide to follow them for a while. You hop up on one rail and head:; The tracks end at an abandoned station and you head down the road that leads away.; Uh, oh, maybe these tracks are still in use. That's definitely a train bearing down on you! In your haste to jump off the tracks you stumble and fall - oops.; choices:Bridge;Tunnel; You come to a wide river. A rickety old bridge crosses over it. A modern tunnel system leads under.; That seems to have been a smart choice. You make it to the other side of the river in one piece.; Due to a minor engineering malfunction you fail to get to the other side of the river safely.; choices:Umbrella;No umbrella; You hear distant thunder. It begins to sprinkle. Then the rain begins in earnest. You're getting soaked. You wonder if you should put up your umbrella.; Good move. The rain stops, the sun comes out, and things are looking good for your quest.; The rain pours down. What you really need is an ark. Glub, glub, glub....; choices:Pet him.;Ignore him.; A big black dog starts to trot along beside you. His large teeth make you a little uneasy.; After a nice run the dog slows and stops and you lose sight of him.; Not liking your attitude, the dog sinks those large teeth into you, seriously reducing your ability to pursue your quest.; choices:Flap your arms.;Pray.; A wide deep chasm blocks your way. You back up, get a running start and launch yourself across the void. Uh, oh. Looks like you're going to be just a wee bit short.; Good move. You lift just a bit in the air and land safely on the other side.; Nope, didn't work.; choices:Run to escape it.;Wait for it to clear.; A thick, unnatural-looking ground fog settles in around you. You can barely see. Breathing isn't that easy either.; Gradually the air clears. Things are looking good.; The weird fog fills your lungs, substantially reducing your lung capacity and your chances of getting anywhere fast.; choices:Turn left.;Turn right.; You come to a crossroads.; This way looks clear.; Things look good until a mad stampede of muskoxen pours over the road, flattening you in the process.; choices:Breast stroke;Australian crawl; A small lake as smooth and clear as glass stretches out in front of you. You wade in and start swimming.; Nice. You reach the far shore in record time.; Your stroke leaves a lot to be desired. In fact, you sink like a stone.; choices:Rest;Don't rest; For no particular reason you feel a bit tired. You could stop and rest. Or not.; That seems to have worked out well.; Waves of profound fatigue overwhelm you. You're not going to make any further progress in this condition.; choices:Go with the flow;Buck the trend; You come to a busy thoroughfare. Everybody seems to be headed in the same direction. Hmmm...which way to go?; You seem to have chosen well.; A large transport swerves out of control, taking out everybody in its path. Unfortunately this includes you.; choices:The less traveled;The other one; You come to a woods. Two roads diverge. Which to take, which to take....; That appears to have been the best choice.; The path meanders to a meaningless end.; choices:Old road;New loop; It looks like you can take the old road through town or the new loop that skirts it.; That seems to be a good route.; Everybody else apparently made the same choice. After making virtually no progress for several hours you give up in frustration.; choices:Go left;Go straight; A small sideroad leads off to the left. You have a hunch that this could be a shortcut.; Everything seems copacetic.; Almost immediately you sense that you are hopelessly lost.; choices:Put on sunscreen;Fan yourself; The sun peeks out from behind a cloud and shines down on all below. Especially you. It's getting warm.; Very effective.; That doesn't seem to have done the job. You collapse in a sunstricken heap.; choices:Ride the horse;Hop on the skateboard; A sleek thoroughbred and a battered skateboard are right there in front of you.; Good going. After an exciting ride, you hop off, not wishing to push your luck.; You nurse what feels to be a broken ankle while reassessing your situation.; choices:Left;Right; The road forks.; Looks like this is the way to go.; Hordes of zombies, werewolves, and telemarketers descend upon you - obviously not the way to go.; choices:The easy way;The hard way; There are two ways you can go from here.; Well chosen. You're making good progress.; At first only little things go wrong. But the big things quickly follow. That was just not the right choice.; choices:The rabbi;The guru; A rabbi and a guru approach. Each volunteers to help you find your way. You really don't know which one to follow.; A wise choice. You seem to be approaching nirvana.; I sense that you weren't truly committed to that choice. You seem to have lost your way.; choices:The tall one;The not so tall; Two leprachauns cross your path.

"One of us will help you on your way. The other, not so much," says the taller of the two.; Excellent choice. The leprachaun leads you to the end of a rainbow, picks up the pot of gold there, and walks away.; Unfortunate choice. The leprachaun produces a solid-looking shillelagh and knocks you senseless.; choices:Your money;Your life; A masked highwayman leaps out of the bushes and confronts you.

"Your money or your life!" he demands.; Pleased by your cooperative attitude, the highwayman relents and lets you pass.; Actually the highwayman lied - he takes your money AND your life.; choices:This way;That way; You see two lassies go by. One goes this way and the other that way.

Perplexed, you ponder which way to go.; Way to go! Your journey is progressing well.; Wrong way, I'm afraid you followed the wrong lassie. Whipping out her pepper spray, she spritzes the heck out of you!; choices:The birchbark;The kayak; You come to a turbid brown creek. On the bank are a birchbark canoe and a high tech kayak. Both look new but something worrisome nags at the back of your mind.; You float smooothly down the creek and alight on the bank, having made excellent progress.; As the current gets stronger, you realize what's missing - you're up the creek without a paddle! Helplessly you watch as you are swept over a roaring waterfall.;